- This event has passed.
October 8, 2016 - October 9, 2016
Come and taste the fruits of our labor during our annual Harvest Celebration. In addition to sampling a variety of award-winning Bucks County wines, guests can sample freshly pressed grape juices that have not yet fermented into wine.
On Oct. 8-9 guests can sample a variety of award-winning locally made wines and freshly pressed grape juices that have not yet fermented into wine as part of the annual Harvest Celebration.
Here‚Äôs a look at what each of the wineries are planning:
- Buckingham Valley Vineyards and Winery (Address:¬†1521 Durham Road (Route 413), Buckingham, Pa 18912; Phone: 215-794-3606)
Complimentary doughnuts, fresh grape juice and newly fermenting wine will be available. Guests can enjoy live music while sitting on picnic tables on the lawn from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Oct. 8 and noon to 5 p.m. on Oct. 9. Self-guided tours and wine tastings are available for $5 and wine slushies will be available for purchase.
- Crossing Vineyards and Winery (Address: 1853 Wrightstown Road, Newtown PA 18940; Phone: 215-493-6500)
Live music from party band Love Junk on Oct. 8-Oct. 9 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. (free admission)
Specialty pairing: Enjoy a glass of mulled Apple wine served with cheeses, cured meats and chocolates. Cost: $20 per person
- New Hope Winery (6123 Lower York Road, New Hope PA 18938; Phone: 215-794-2331)
The New Hope Winery, which will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 8-9, will be offering local live music and regular tastings of a choice of five wines for $10. Guests can enjoy a Harvest Sangria made in-house and warmed holiday wines: Dutch Apple Spice and Holiday Spice.
- Peace Valley Winery (300 Old Limekiln Road, Chalfont PA 18914; Phone: 215-249-9058)
Peace Valley will be open on Oct. 8 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and from noon to 6 p.m. on Oct. 9.
- Rose Bank Winery (258 Durham Road (Route 413), Newtown PA 18940; Phone: 215-860-5899)
The winery will celebrate a new wine release with live music and tastings of eight wines from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 8 and Oct. 9.
- Rushland Ridge Vineyards (Address: 2665¬†Rushland¬†Road, Jamison PA 18929; Phone: 215-598-0251)
As is common in many wine growing regions in Europe, the winery celebrates the end of harvest by serving freshly fermented grape juice. Guests can enjoy this sweet, bubbly drink, which pairs nicely with sweetbreads and jams made from fruit grown on the farm.
- Sand Castle Winery (Address: 755 River Road,¬†Erwinna¬†PA 18920; Phone: 800-722-9463)
Guests can enjoy special tours of the vineyard and wine cellar, concentrating on the processes and the stages of the 2016 vintages, from fully developed young Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, to fermenting Riesling and freshly crushed Cabernet. Visitors can take in a beautiful setting overlooking the Delaware River and the 15-mile view of the valley painted with Autumn colors.
- Unami Ridge Winery (2144 Kumry Road, Quakertown, PA 18951; Phone: 215-804-5445)
Unami Ridge will be open on Oct. 8 from noon to 5 p.m.
- Wycombe Vineyards (Address: 1391 Forest Grove Road, Furlong, PA 18925; Phone: 215-598-WINE)
Guests sign up in advance to pick grapes on Oct. 9 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and enjoy free wine for the day, BBQ and 10 percent off all purchases for the next year.