The wineries of the Bucks County Wine Trail will hold its annual Holiday Celebration on Dec. 9 and Dec. 10. Guests can experience the wineries decorated for the holidays while enjoying delicious spiced wine tastings, sampling Christmas cookies and artisanal cheeses and relaxing with the sounds of holiday music.
During the Holiday Celebration, visitors can also get a jump start on holiday shopping with special discount pricing, wine gift packs, gift baskets and unique wine accessories.
Bishop Estate Vineyard and Winery invites guests to take wagon rides around the vineyard, enjoy a photo opportunity with the owners’ draft horse, Sam and sample warm cocoa wine with Christmas cookies. Enjoy live music around the fire pits, decorate a wine glass for Christmas with a wine tasting and make a personalized holiday wine glass charm. Gift baskets can be ordered and holiday wine bags for last minute gifting will be available!
Buckingham Valley Vineyards will pair home-baked holiday cookies with its warm Holiday Spice wine.
Crossing Vineyards and Winery will feature live music both days from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Wine will be available for purchase by the glass or bottle. Discounts offered on case purchases.
Crossing will offer a specialty pairing during the Holiday Celebration. Enjoy a glass of Heritage or Chardonnay paired with a turkey and brie croissant with apple slaw and a raspberry linzer cookie for $20 per person. Purchase online and save 10%.
Rose Bank Winery is hosting a four-course meal and wine pairing, followed by painting on Dec. 10 beginning at noon. Cost is $48 and includes food/wine pairing and either an ornament or two wine glasses to paint, plus supplies and instruction.
Seats are limited and reservations are required. Tickets can be purchased in advance at Rose Bank Winery or by contacting Pinot and Paint Parties.
The holiday celebration is also the perfect time to taste Rose Bank’s Spiced Apple wine, which can only be described as “apple pie in a bottle.”
Rushland Ridge Vineyards will be serving its traditional Spiced wine recipe along with some delightful holiday treats.
Sand Castle Winery will spice up the holidays with its Alpine Spice Party on Dec. 10 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Guests can enjoy a tasting bar of all 12 wines, as well as wines from our millennium series. Admission also includes a selection of gourmet cheeses, apple pie, cookies, vanilla ice cream and a complimentary signature Alpine Spice mug to take home. Cost is $20. Learn more and buy tickets here.
Unami Ridge Winery will offer complimentary samples of its German Gluhwein, a mulled spice wine that’s perfect for holiday sipping.
Wycombe Vineyards will feature free samples of its Everything Nice warm spice wine along with sugar cookies, and the winery’s customary pairings of brownies and balsamics.
- Bishop Estate Vineyard and Winery (Address: 2730 Hilltown Pike, Perkasie, Pa. 18944; Phone: 215-249-3559)
- Buckingham Valley Vineyards and Winery (Address: 1521 Durham Road (Route 413), Buckingham, Pa 18912; Phone: 215-794-3606)
- Crossing Vineyards and Winery (Address: 1853 Wrightstown Road, Newtown PA 18940; Phone: 215-493-6500)
- Rose Bank Winery (258 Durham Road (Route 413), Newtown PA 18940; Phone: 215-860-5899)
- Rushland Ridge Vineyards (Address: 2665 Rushland Road, Jamison PA 18929; Phone: 215-598-0251)
- Sand Castle Winery (Address: 755 River Road, Erwinna PA 18920; Phone: 800-722-9463)
- Unami Ridge Winery (2144 Kumry Road, Quakertown, PA 18951; Phone: 215-804-5445)
- Wycombe Vineyards (Address: 1391 Forest Grove Road, Furlong, PA 18925; Phone: 215-598-WINE)